Sci-fi, fantasy, and horror! And observations on life. I just changed my writing name (if you’re curious, you can read the dedicated page above). Sometimes, Google still thinks that my blog is the most important page to show in the search results. Why? I have no clue. If it got more visits than my other pages (it doesn’t), then that’d be more reasonable. Maybe it just likes the word blog.
Or maybe because Google’s still taking people to the old URL? It redirects here, so that’s ultimately not a problem, but it’s still odd.
Anyway, welcome to my blog! Please, please look around other pages on this site (like my novels and extras) if you got here via google. As for everyone else. . .
Fair warning: I write fiction better than I write non-fiction (a major reason why I’ve since discovered that blogging is not for me). You have been warned.
Here are the topics: Writing, Publishing, Experiments / The Creative Process, Gender, Outside Obervations, and ???? (miscellanious / other).
- [Remember Your Why]
- [10 Random Potential Solutions to Writer’s Block]
- [On Writing Diverse Characters]
- [I Think the Bigger Question is When You Write]
- [Reflections on a Writing Retreat]
- [Music Association]
- [Oh, spawn – a lesson in connotation]
- [Methods and Types of Horror]
- [The Necessity (Or Non-necessity) of Reading a Character’s Gender]
- [On writing degendered characters]
- [On the Use of Gendered Action Words]
- [Writing aro characters as a demi-romantic] (I have notes for this in WtS sums and impors, I just haven’t typed it yet)
- [Do pieces of myself appear in my work? Here’s an easy example: my love of old movies]
- [Oddities of the editing process, examples included]
- [‘That’s Such a Niche Market’]
- [In Retrospect]
- [Why I Chose Self-publishing Instead of Traditional]
- [Frustrations in Author Marketing]
- [Victim’s Genre]
- [Pubby Co Review]
- [Kindle Unlimited through Pubby Co]
- [Learning What NOT to Do When Publishing on Amazon]
- [ARC Copies, Booksprout, and KU]
- [The voices I couldn’t name] (I have notes for this in WtS sums and impors, I just haven’t typed it yet)
Experiments / The Creative Process
Gender / LGBT
- [NB Philosophy?]
- [Our Obsession with Dualism]
- [FotNS vs Superman IV – balancing a hero’s powers]
- [How Not to Represent LGB Characters – DS9’s s7e12]
- [Risks of Using the Real World – Voyager’s s7e19]
- [Risky Names – Voyager’s s7e16]
- [The Necessity of the Scully Effect]
- [Drifters’ Shock Factor]
- [Threatening or Humorous? Goldnail and Villainy]
- [The Music Inside]
- [Horror is in the Air!]
- [6:10pm EST November 18, 2019]
- [Trying to Learn Twitter: An Ongoing Process]
Should I do some creative non-fiction? Maybe someday.
[This page was previously titled DNS. The name was changed for a variety of obvious reasons, mainly the fact that the name DNS is unclear.]